Thursday, May 28, 2009

Roland Burris, Please Go Home

Why is it so difficult to make this man go home? Can we all say delusional? These are transcripts from taped calls last Dec. 2008 between Roland Burris and Rob Blagojevich, ex-Governor Rod Blagojevich's brother. Rob was manager of his brother's campaign fundraising.
BURRIS: I know I could give him a check.
BLAGOJEVICH: Yeah.
BURRIS: Myself. [...]
BURRIS: Okay, okay, well we, we, I, I will personally do something, okay.
BLAGOJEVICH: Okay. Alright Roland.
BURRIS: And it'll be done before the 15th of December.
BLAGOJEVICH: Okay ... Hey, you're a good friend. I'll pass on your message.
BURRIS: Please do and ...
BLAGOJEVICH: Okay.
BURRIS: ... tell Rod to keep me in mind for that seat, would ya?
[...]
BURRIS: I know I could give him a check.
BLAGOJEVICH: Yeah.
BURRIS: Myself.
[...]
BURRIS: And, and my law partner, we were gonna try to do something at the law firm. I might be able to do this in the name of Tim Wright.
BLAGOJEVICH: Mm hm.
BURRIS: Okay, 'cause Tim is not looking for an appointment, okay.
[emphasis added]

But it's all good. When asked why he should retain his Senate seat, why we should ignore these tapes, he replied:

BURRIS: I changed my mind after I hung up the phone.

Of course you did.

Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon.
k

Correction: this was taped in mid-November before Rod Blagojevich was arrested

No comments:

Post a Comment