Tuesday, May 5, 2009

In the Swirl

Such an elegant turn of phrase. "In the swirl of moving from one caucus to another..."

Made me stop and roll that around on my tongue - "...in the swirl..."

Surely we can forgive Arlen when he "conclusively misspoke" because he was caught up "in the swirl." Right.

After several missteps this past week, CQ Politics spoke with Arlen Specter on Tuesday evening and now says he "conclusively misspoke" in his Times interview when he said that he wanted Norm Coleman seated in Minnesota. “In the swirl of moving from one caucus to another, I have to get used to my new teammates,...I’m ordinarily pretty correct in what I say. I’ve made a career of being precise. I conclusively misspoke.” You can find the CQ article here

Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon.
k

No comments:

Post a Comment