Monday, December 14, 2009

Housekeeping and Personal Business

Just wanted to thank people for their interest and comments. I am coping with learning Windows 7 (grrr) after having to unexpectedly research and purchase a new computer, transfer files, and prepare to fly north to help family cope with a health emergency. As far as the computer goes, the most difficult has been transferring my iTunes files! I now have enough space to no longer need a separate external drive except for backup, but iTunes only recognizes music and videos that you get from them. Silly, as it is set up for you to import your own music and videos, and when I got my iPod, I put our entire music library onto it (3,000+ songs) as a way to backup our CD's. Sigh. Anyhoo, except for a bunch of videos, I seem to be up and running. Although I'm sure I will at some point love 7, I must say that I really want my Windows XP back!

So, sorry for no recent posts. I had planned to use my several hour layover on Wednesday to get some writing done, but just scheduled a phone interview (fingers crossed please! do you know how few responses I get to God knows how many applications I send out?) for that time slot with the expectation that I can find a quiet corner somewhere. So, posts will be infrequent until I get north and the family situation is stabilized.

Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon.
k

3 comments:

  1. I just had a meltdown of my hard drive and now have a new PC with Windows 7. I, too, am sure that (someday) I will love it, but for now I am missing good old Windows XP!

    I wanted to tell you that I greatly enjoy your thoughtful and intelligent posts. I happened to link one day from Bree Palin and am very happy to have discovered you. Look forward to hearing more from you.

    I hope the family health emergency turns out to be not too bad. It's a hard time of year to have to cope with such things. My Mom passed away the day after Christmas 12 years ago.

    Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. emilypeacock,
    Thank you for your kind words. The season must be difficult for you. We do a minimal Christmas, so not too hard - I refuse to have the kind of celebration that stresses me out! Hopefully things will be not too bad when I get there.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels and Merry Christmas Kyra.

    I am a reader who appreciates your viewpoint.

    Hope to see you back here soon.

    ReplyDelete